Residential and Commercial Food Waste / Compostables Pick Up
Composting Site Design/Install/Maintenance
Zero Waste Consulting
Compost Pick up Services
Servicing the Houston Metro Area!
Single Stream Composting
We provide a clean, recycled bucket, you fill it up with food waste, organic material, biodegradables and/or plant derived waste. Comparable to waste service, we collect the bucket you filled up and we responsibly source it to our local partners.
The goal is to divert as much solid waste that may be composted, as possible, instead of letting it decompose at the landfill which creates methane (25X more potent than carbon dioxide).
Return to Earth
By separating your food waste and biodegradable items, you are becoming part of the change. Helping communities save on environmentally detrimental waste management solutions, landfill space, in between other socioeconomic benefits.
Approximately 40 percent of the food produced in the United States goes to waste. The mountain of wasted food totals 63 million tons, of which over 10.1 million tons never get harvested from farms and more than 52.4 million tons ends up in landfills uneaten. The U.S. spends $218 billion per year (or 1.3% of GDP) growing, manufacturing, processing, distributing, and then disposing of food that never makes its way onto the table. (EndHunger.org, 2019)
1. By separating your food scraps you prevent food waste from going to the landfill.
2. Financial Benefit - businesses and communities benefit by paying less on waste disposal.
3. Reduce Emissions - when food decomposes with garbage it produces methane (25x worse than carbon dioxide).
4. Composting food waste creates a product that can be used to help improve soils, grow the next generation of crops, and improve water quality. (EPA, 2019)
5. Be part of the change! "Nationally, the composting of food rose from 1.84 million tons in 2013 (5.0 percent of food) to 2.6 million tons (6.3 percent of food) in 2017."